Who Is Involved?
Many educational opportunities are available to students in The Leon M. Goldstein High School for the Sciences. To make the most of these opportunities, it is essential to carefully plan educational experiences. Counselors, teachers, parents, and most importantly, students have roles to play in this process. With appropriate choices of electives and requirements, students will have the opportunity to reach desired goals.
- Plan instruction appropriate for each student's academic needs.
- Make every effort to support excellent attendance.
- Encourage each student to achieve his or her academic goals.
- Provide resources to enhance the learning process.
- Provide an environment conducive to learning.
- Maintain regular contact with home about student progress.
- Help students identify and enhance career interest.
- Master objectives at each grade level.
- Register for and pass all courses required for the diploma choice.
- Demonstrate acceptable work habits and attitudes.
- Explore and develop career interest areas.
- Be actively involved in personal education and career development.
- Be persistent in getting the information and help needed.
- Utilize all available career resource materials including on-line sources.
- Be an active participant in your student's education.
- Provide opportunities for the student to explore his/her career interest areas.
- Establish strong work habits and attitudes in your student.
- Read all materials that come home from the school and discuss with your student.
- Be in touch with school personnel about your concerns and questions.
- Become informed about state and system standards for promotion, graduation, and post-secondary admissions.
- Be proactive in getting the information you need.